Truth Hair Privacy Notice
This privacy notice tells you how Truth Hair will collect and process your personal data if you register as a client, purchase our services and products, and use our website.
Truth Hair is an independent hair salon in Chorlton, Manchester. We offer hair styling and beauty services to our clients.
Who to contact regarding your personal data
We take your privacy seriously. Mark Williams, one of the owners of the salon, looks after data protection and would be happy to answer any of your questions about this privacy notice and how Truth Hair uses your data. He can be contacted directly at the salon on 0161 861 8586.
The personal data we collect and process
As a salon, we only process basic customer information to enable us to efficiently process appointment. We endeavor to keep this information accurate and up to date, and not keep it longer than is necessary.
This data is used in two main ways.
In order to provide our service effectively and ensure the best service, we need to collect and process the following personal data when you make your initial appointment.
|Personal data type
|How the data is collected
|First name, Last name
|As part of making an appointment
|Phone number (normally a mobile)
|As part of making an appointment
This personal data will be used for the following purposes:
- To send you SMS reminders about an upcoming appointment
- To contact you should your appointment need to be re-arranged
Truth Hair will not pass on your personal data to any third parties without your consent unless the law requires us to do so.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by the websites you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
The table below explains the cookies we use at Truth Hair:
We do not currently use any 3rd party cookies.
How do I change my cookie settings?
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit
Contact us for more information
How long do we process your data for?
We will only process your personal data whilst you are a client. After five years of inactivity we will close the client record and dispose of the data securely.
Your rights as a data subject
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
You can do that by calling the salon on 0161 881 8586. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
Please note that you will need to provide proof of identity – a current passport or driving licence.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that [Practice Name] refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
We take the processing of your personal data very seriously and are here to help with any concerns you may have. Please do contact Mark Williams on 0161 881 8586.
If you are still not happy with how your personal data is being processed by Truth Hair or how your complaint has been handled, you also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioners Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling 0303 123 1113.